Off Road NZ
We care about our planet…
With so much media attention and hype about climate change, carbon footprints and global warming, it is no wonder that Off Road NZ are doing what they can to conduct business in a sustainable way, while preserving the environment.
At Off Road NZ in Rotorua, we take sustainability very seriously and have implemented many new initiatives to ensure we are doing the best we can to be a sustainable operator.
Off Road NZ is an active member of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter. Businesses that are charter members are committed to sustainable business practices, which conserve the physical and social / cultural environment. Sustainable practices are taken into consideration in each of Off Road NZ’s Rotorua adventures; including Raceline Karting, Monster 4X4 Thrill Rides and 4WD Bush Safaris.
Q. What is Off Road NZ doing to be more sustainable?
- We are continually caring for and maintaining our land. This includes the implementation of an ongoing native replanting programme
- Waste oil is disposed of in the correct manner, then collected for recycling at the nearest recycling facility
- As part of our continued safety and maintenance programme, all vehicles at Off Road NZ are regularly tuned and safety inspected. We use the smallest, most fuel-efficient vehicles available
- We recycle the used tyres from the vehicles to create safety walls for the Sprint Car track
- We use energy-saving light bulbs in public and staff facilities throughout the complex
- We separate our waste and recycle in the appropriate bins and encourage our guests to do the same
- By emailing quotes and invoices we have reduced the usage of paper, envelopes and stamps
- We extended the utilities shed to include a fully covered in drying room for our wet weather gear. This utilises solar heat and minimises the need to use a tumble dryer
- We installed a new water treatment plant which is more environmentally friendly that normal septic tanks.
- Our storm water tank roughly collects 17,500 litres per month of water from the roof of our new work shop. The water will be used to wash vehicles which is our highest water consumption within the site.
- Our new modern headquarters has been constructed in a way that will incorporate a number of sustainable building design elements including above standard insulation, design and positioning of the building to take advantage of the passive heat and light, double glazing, heat pumps and solar panels.
Off Road NZ is located on a beautiful NZ native bush-clad property on the Mamaku Plateau, just 20 minutes north of Rotorua City.
Contact: Ian Tew – Owner
Location:193 Amoore Road – 10 mins north of Agrodome, off State HW 5 via Maraeroa Rd
Phone: +64 7 332 574